1. All prices include VAT where applicable.
2. Lessons are transferable at the discretion of Bude Surfing Experience (BSX)
3. Gift vouchers are non-transferable and non-refundable. Redemption is subject to
4. In the event that BSX or our coaches consider the beach, weather, or surf
conditions unsuitable for surf tuition, BSX may cancel courses up until the start of the
lesson. Should this occur, for lessons redeemed by a gift voucher, we will offer you an
alternative date or provide a replacement voucher valid for two years from the date of
the cancelled lesson. For other lessons we will offer you an alternative date; provide a
gift voucher valid for two years from the date of the cancelled course or issue a
5. BSX will not offer alternative lessons, vouchers, or a refund if clients choose to
cancel a booking without 24hrs notice; not attend a course for any reason or arrive
too late (as judged by the senior coach on duty) to participate in their lesson(s). We
therefore recommend that all clients take out suitable insurance to cover such
6. All students must be over eight and able to swim 50 metres without resting, unless
accompanied by a non-surfing adult and arranged directly with us prior to the lesson
7. Parents/Guardians not participating in lessons attended by their children (aged 8
years and over) must be contactable at all times via phone during the session.
8. In the interests of safety, participants must agree to abide by any decisions or
instructions made by BSX team members.
9. Surfing involves a degree of risk to both people and property, even if enjoyed under
proper supervision by qualified coaches. It is a strenuous activity that requires those
taking part to have a reasonable standard of swimming and fitness. Therefore, you
must make us aware of any medical conditions, illnesses or allergies you have and
any prescribed medication you are taking via our Medical Form, as well as directly to
your surf coach prior to each lesson starting. For participants under 18 years, it is the
responsibility of the parent or guardian to inform us of any such medical conditions.
You should not participate in a surfing course if you are suffering from a heart
condition or any other injury / illness which may affect your physical ability or if you
are pregnant. You must not in any circumstances be under the influence of alcohol or
illegal drugs. Also, you must not be under the influence of medication which may
adversely affect your physical abilities.
10. During lessons you will have use of BSX equipment. We take all reasonable
measures to ensure the safety and good condition of our equipment, however you are
responsible for immediately reporting any damage caused to the equipment or which
becomes apparent whilst the equipment is in your possession.
11. BSX does not seek to limit or exclude any liability which may occur as a result of
its own negligence or that of our team members. However, BSX assumes no liability in
respect of any personal injury loss, damage, consequential loss or third-party claims
which occur through no fault of our own or are caused by the negligence of you or one
of the participants in your group.